SUBJECT REQUEST FOR PERSONAL DATA
(For former Employees and Consultants, Job Candidates etc.)
General Information about GDPR
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is the EU regulation about how personal data should be processed by authourities and companies. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other Data Protection laws and regulations puts focus on you as an individual having the right to be in charge of your own personal data and gives you certain rights.
Your rights and contact information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we store about you. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Please do not hesitate to ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to have your personal data deleted and to have our processing of your personal data restricted in certain circumstances. In addition, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data as well as to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have these transmitted to another controller. If you are of the opinion that we are processing your personal data in violation of privacy laws and regulations, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
For request in relation to above please fill in the Subject Request form below. For more information on your rights or to receive a copy of our more extensive HR Integrity Policy for our employees (including former employees) please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
For our Global Data Protection Officer, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to: Volvo Car Corporation, Attention: The Data Protection Officer, HB32, 405 31 Gothenburg, Sweden.
Subject Request regarding personal data for a former employee or consultant
By sending in a request to us, we will help you exercise your right to information, access to your personal data or to exercise any of your other rights.
If you as a former employee or former consultant at Volvo Cars, job candidate or other individual with personal data at Volvo Cars want to exercise your subject rights and make a subject request we want to inform you that:
- The employment contract means that the company has certain obligations to fulfil and that you also as former employee need to share personal data with the company (employer). This means that you cannot claim all your subject rights as a former employee, e.g. “the right to be forgotten”.
- There are legal (or company) requirements that require the company to store documentation with personal data for a certain retention period before deletion. The retention period varies depending on what documentation we are referring to, e.g. 2 years for job applications and 10 years for payroll data records.
- If you submit a subject request you will get an answer within a maximum of 30 days. You are allowed to submit one request per year free of charge.
- If you have been working in one of the companies below please use the request template on this site and send your request to the email address given in the form:
- Volvo Car Corporation AB
- Volvo Car Retail Solution
- Volvo Car Insurance
- Polestar Performance AB
- Volvo Car Sverige AB
- Volvo Bil AB
- Volvo Car Group Investment Mgmt
- Volvo Car Belgium NV
- If you have been working in other locations (e.g. national sales companies within EMEA) please contact the local HR department.
- External service providers as pension and insurance companies are controlling personal data by themselves. To get information about how this personal data is processed and make a request you need to contact these companies directly yourself.
The data submitted will be used to fulfil your request as well be used for identifying you, see our information notice for further information.