We're open, we're here to help
All departments now operating
We're pleased to announce that following the update from the UK Government, from the 1st of June we shall be re-opening our sales showrooms. This will re-align all departments as open for business after we re-opened for aftersales on 18th May.
We shall continue to be cautiously practicing strict hygiene and social distancing measures to protect both customers and staff during this period until further notice.
Consequently, It is important you read the below FAQs to familiarise yourself with our adapted procedures and policies following the COVID-19 outbreak.
OPEN FROM 1st JUNE - BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- You will require an appointment to browse the showroom or view a used car. This is to help us ensure we do not exceed our maximum number of individuals within the building and also to ensure your car of interest is ready to view.
- Upon visiting the showroom, you will be asked to wait at the entrance before a member of staff greets you.
Can I visit to view a car on the forecourt?
Yes you can! You'll just need to book an appointment so we can make sure the car is ready and sanitised for you to view.
Can I test drive a car?
Test drives will be permitted unaccompanied by a member of staff, subject to completing the usual neccesary forms and identification checks.
I want to buy on the day, will this work as normal?
We'd be delighted to take your order, we'll just be taking a few extra precautions to make sure you're kept safe.
OPEN FOR NECESSARY SERVICING AND MAINTENANCE:
What do you consider to be necessary servicing and maintenance?
There will only be a limited number of aftersales and workshop staff returning to work and therefore we shall have limited capacity. Consequently, we shall be accepting bookings which are considered to be necessary for the health and function of your car - this includes annual services, necessary repairs, recalls and MoTs. Therefore, during this initial opening we shall be unable to fulfil minor or aesthetic repairs.
Making a booking
Obviously, all bookings will be required to be made either by phone or email and not at the dealership. Please use the numbers and links at the end of this email to find your preferred branch.
Making a payment
We shall only be accepting payment by either card, bank transfer, Donalds EasyPay or WorldPay. Unfortunately we will be unable to accept cash.
Your visit to Donalds
- Please ensure your car is emptied of anything unnecessary for the work being carried out including tissues, wrappers and the contents of the boot.
- Please bring your own pen to sign and approve the job card for the required work.
- We are unable to offer our usual collection and delivery service.
- You will receive a call the working day before your expected visit from one of our service team to run through all these points again and confirm your appointment time.
You will notice a few changes as you enter the showroom:
- Hand sanitation gel will be available on entering the showroom, floor markings showing the 2m waiting distancing and that our service advisors will be behind protective screens.
- When entering the showroom you will be asked to place your vehicle keys into a box rather than passing them to the service advisor.
- We regret we will be unable to provide refreshments.
- You will receive a call later in the day to instruct you when your car will be ready for collection.
- The car will be fully cleaned and sanitised prior to your collection.
Help us protect our customers and staff. If you or a household member has any symptoms, please follow government guidelines.
We request your understanding with these measures to help protect you during this time and ask for patience with the staff who will be operating in changed circumstances.