Working at LeedsWorking at Leeds is all about bringing the Volvo promise to life. Volvo's corporate culture is characterised by energy in every situation, passion for success and respect for the individual. Based on these values and convictions the aim is to thoroughly integrate total quality in all that Volvo does. The basic principles governing the way of working are participation, involvement, customer focus, continuous improvement and constant feedback. The major challenge is to continue the process of setting the company apart from the competition so as to retain our existing customers and attract new ones in ever larger numbers.
VOLVO VEHICLE TECHNICIAN
We are seeking a qualified Vehicle Technician to join Marshall’s Volvo dealership in Leeds and assist in providing a high quality and efficient vehicle service offering for our customers. Working as part of a team and reporting to the Aftersales Manager, this role offers you the opportunity to be put your technical expertise to use and solve complex technical issues, whilst gaining new skills and exposure to new vehicle models and methods of working.
- Complete scheduled vehicle servicing in line with manufacturer guidelines
- Undertake diagnostic activities to identify causes and solutions for customer vehicle issues
- Conduct electronic visual health checks (eVHC) on all vehicles and provide a comprehensive report with expert advice and recommendations for customers
- Liaise directly with customers and service advisors, providing outstanding customer service
- Ensure vehicle servicing activities are completed in a safe and high quality manner, in line with both internal and manufacturer requirements
- Participate in ongoing training and development to ensure product and service knowledge is up to date
- Contribute to local and companywide process improvements and innovations
- Mentor and provide guidance to apprentice technicians, where applicable
Required Skills and Experience
You will be a Level 3 qualified vehicle technician with a full UK driving licence, ideally with manufacturer experience. In addition to your prior experience, you will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent problem solving skills and strong attention to detail
- A strong customer service focus with the ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Outstanding organisation and time management skills with the ability to work to deadlines